Subject: Re: FLASH: get url/avoid replay intro movie
From: Byron Canfield
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 05:47:32 GMT

mingo,

"Blank", as you surmised, opens a new instance of the browser.

"Self" opens a new file in the current window/frame, that from from which
the link was called.

"Top" and "Self" and "Parent" operate identically on a single-frame page
(that is, without framesets).

"Parent" and "Top" are very specifically frame-oriented.

"Top" loads the file into the topmost (for lack of a better word) form,
that is, in place of the file that establishes the frameset.

"Parent" causes the file to be loaded into the parent frame of that frame
from which the link was called. There is an important distinction to be
made here with the term "parent frame" for though you might think this
would be the same as "Top" (and often is), it IS possible for the Parent
frame to NOT be the same as as the Top frame, in the case of "nested"
framesets where an HTML file loaded into a frame, itself, contains a frameset.