Subject: FLASH: gradients for text fade-outs
From: Erik Kittlaus
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:34:18 GMT

I'm attempting to use a linear gradient on a symbol to achieve the text
fade-out effect on scrolling text -- from background color to 0%
transparency of the same color. (Hope that's clear enough).

My problem is this: I can see the entire rectangle when its exported. It
has a filmy look to it. In other words its not fully transparent. What
gives?

I'm using the right colors. That's not the issue. Has anyone else run
into this sort of thing before? I'm thinking maybe this effect works
with certain colors and not others.

-Erik