Subject: Re: Is ActiveX Control Signed?
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:10:26 GMT

At 12:56 PM 2/12/98, Kevin Kessler wrote:
>I have a quick question-is the Flash ActiveX control signed? I seem to
>remember
>a certificate popping up before the control would install, but now it just
>seems
>to go out and do its thing. What happened to the certificate?

Yes, they must be signed.

If memory serves, then the dialogs do have a checkbox for "trust this site
in the future", which might be a way to avoid such permissions on
subsequent installs.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/