Subject: Re: FLASH: 3d vector art
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 07:25:36 GMT

I know this probably comes up all the time but... could somebody point me in
the general direction here? I'm making some 3d stuff and I'm fairly pleased
with it.... but it lacks any shading. Here is what I'm doing...

I go into my 3d program....
Make my animation....
Render it to BMP's frame by frame....
Go into Freehand and trace the shape.....
Export to SWF....

This actually works and looks pretty kick butt although it's time consuming.
The thing is that I'm eliminating all the lighting effects that Matinee is
using. It looks to me like Matinee is actually exporting to vector format
from their 3d program. If so, what 3d program are they using? I can't
imagine they are hand drawing or tracing that shading.

Sincerely,

Al Rosetti
http://www.websitepartners.com