Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 3 corupt FLA 2!
From: Erik [gearik] Mattheis
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:43:27 GMT

>>Flash seems to crash about 50% the time I use it. Is anyone else getting this
>>ratio?
>>Sometimes Ive kept FLash open for days, but sometimes it crashes every few
>>minutes.
>
>I'd say that's reasonably accurate. Strangely though, almost all of my
>crashes happen when I'm editing actions.

Same here ... in the past ... I wiped out my hard drive a few months ago
and reinstalled everything except old versions of IE and it hasn't crashed
any more than anything else ... I've been freezing up less than once a day
instead of sometimes over a dozen (that's in general, not just with Flash).
Any chance you're using a Mac with two versions of IE using the same system
folder? I think that was my problem ... read that that's a no-no on this
list ... one time in a white-fingered pro-Mac frenzy, I deleted everything
from Microsoft on my machine ... Flash uses a Microsoft extension ...
perhaps the conflict between two versions of IE also effects Flash?
Erik [gearik] Mattheis
head honcho
gourmandizer
records/design