Subject: Re: FLASH: Generator: Does Generator add any extra load to a server?
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:02:38 GMT

At 2:30 AM 2/12/99, Andrew Vester wrote:
>Hi, the guys in hosting are worried about the performance effects that
>Generator is going to have on their systems.
>Does anyone have any info that will put their minds at rest that generator
>is a great piece of software.

Sure thing... go http://www.macromedia.com/generator/ , click on the
"Product Info" menu, on the "White Papers" submenu. This shows how various
servers hold up under varying loads.

fwiw, Generator was explicitly designed for high-performance situations.
The processor speed is a critical variable. In heavy situations you may
want to give it its own machine, rather than sharing with a high-volume
HTTP server. Generally, though, normal use won't impose an appreciable
load.

jd

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your