Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 3 corupt FLA 2!
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:07:27 GMT

At 2:32 PM 2/12/99, Jayma wrote:
> ... had a Flash crash recently. When I tried to reopen the file... I got
> an "Invalid File" error, losing 5 hours of work since my last backup.

Good rule of thumb:

-- After every minor milestone (ten minutes?) do a "Save".

-- After every major milestone (hour?) do a "Save As".

-- After every session (daily?) save to another drive.

This holds true across all computer applications. The regular "Save As"
will give you an archive of your work... snapshots for undo. Incremented
naming conventions let you know exactly what's what.

They say that the only people who haven't lost hard drives are those that
will....

jd