Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash support 2 monitors.
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:28:41 GMT

I can echo Scott Wilkinson's comments, having just installed a second monitor yesterday.

Within Windows 98 it's an easy task. I put in an ATI Mach 64 PCI card and restarted Windows 98. It automatically recognized the card, added the appropriate software to Windows, and now I have two monitors. Just like my Mac did in 1992, when I started with Macromedia...

No such support exists natively within either Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 95, however. I understand there may be people who have written software to do such things in those operating systems, but we certainly haven't tested such software here at Macromedia.

Oh, and Flash seems to run fine on either monitor so far. I've actually encountered one problem with MSIE 4.01 - when your browser window is on the second monitor, you can't use the right mouse button to select and save bitmaps.