Subject: Re: FLASH: Rotating Globe
From: David Gary
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:01:43 GMT

Nathan wrote:

> The best way create the spining globle is to create the spinning globe in a
> 3D program and then export as large PICTs. Then all you have to do is a bit
> of production work and trace the curves with illustrator - making sure that
> you have a box around the frame for registration and that you only roughly
> trace the curves. One you have done that you import each traced frame into
> Flash.
>
> Check out http://www.vrlx.net - the globe is only 14k.

I would find that fairly time consuming for a spinning globe effect. A 3D
program is really not neccessary.
1st layer: Create a round mask(size of globe)
2nd layer: Create a flat map of continents(whatever) and tween it from left to
right of the mask and loop.
3rd layer: create a round gradient to give 3D sphere(lighting effect) effect.

All in all that should take you around 10-15 minutes.

We all appreciate peoples efforts to help one another and I dont want for
people to stop posting how they might
take on a task, however some techniques might be a little more easier than
others, so no insult intended.
If anyone else might have a easier technique than mine, please post.

I do have one more question, do we really need another spinning globe?<g>
How about a spining logo, Jupiter or 2 men brutally assaulting another man,
anything but another spinning globe

=8>)-

-DG-