Subject: Re: FLASH: Open new window
From: Colin Moock
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:46:04 GMT

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>I want to create a site (Flash Movie) in which one particular "page" has
>20-30 buttons that fire off new browser windows when clicked. Can this be
>accomplished in the same way?

the current version of my script allows for multiple windows to be called,
but not simultaneously. my approach is to do a bit of window garbage
collection, meaning that i make sure to close any previous window that i've
opened before i launch the same one again or a different one. (i hate sites
that launch lots of windows and leave them all behind the main browser). the
explanation of the code describes how to implement multiple non-simultaneous
windows.

with a little effort, you could make the windows launch simultaneously, but i
think 20 windows open at one time is, um, a bad idea...

colin