Subject: FLASH: tedious tweening
From: pete clark
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:15:24 GMT

Hi Guys,

I was just about to send something to the Flash Wishlist, but I thought I'd
get opinions here first, and maybe there's a way to do this already that I'm
just not aware of.

Sometimes when I'm doing effects with text it turns out that I have to tween
each letter individually. Most of the time the tweens applied to each letter
are identical. What I was going to post to the wishlist is a tool which let
you copy and paste tweens similar to the way you can copy and paste ink and
fill properties. So an example would be you take your first tweened symbol
in a series of identical tweens, click on it with this new tool, somehow
specifying a range of frames to pick up, and then click on another symbol
which would apply the keyframes, scale, rotation and color effects.

If I had a tool like this it would definitely cut down my production time by
a large amount. There's nothing worse than taking a long word and having to
animate each letter individually.

Is there an way to do this already that I'm not aware of? I have picked up
techniques to make it a little easier but it's still down right tedious.

Any feedback would definitely be appreciated.

pete clark
noram digital media : : a new media firm
www.noramdigitalmedia.com
peteatnoramdigitalmedia [dot] com