Subject: Re: FLASH: Illustrator vs. Freehand...
From: Steven Lyons
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:12:01 GMT

I have both Illustrator 8 and Freehand 8 at the office and I still like to
use Illustrator more than Freehand. I think it is basically a matter of
preference and what you have been using over time. I personally think that
Illustrator's features make it a better choice, but I know there are others
that disagree. Freehand's export feature to swf format is not enough to
persuade me to trudge through all of those thick goofy menus and weird
tools when I can use a fast and intuitive interface. ----Just my humble
opinion on the topic.

Jethro

>I've been considering picking using Illustrator or Freehand to help out
>with Flash work, and I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are. I've got
>a copy of Illustrator 7 at home, should I invest in Freehand? What can
>Freehand do with Flash that I can't do with Illustrator, what do you wish
>it could do, that sort of thing.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Tom

Steven Lyons