Subject: RE: FLASH: Web TV (reply by WebTV Networks)
From: Saint John Lee
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:37:03 GMT

It's true. WebTV Plus currently accepts Flash v2 files and isn't at all
capable of displaying Flash v3 content. As announced in this group last
August, WebTV Plus will be improved to support Flash v3.

How soon? Would you really believe a software company promise of a release
date? ;-)

Actually, the coding is complete and we're awaiting other pieces of the
system to reach the "code complete" stage and pass QA testing. We don't
release pieces of our system as they happen and instead must package
together many changes and improvements before making a release. This
sometimes affects the release schedule by months and is a sad side effect of
our need to offer a completely bug free user experience.

The good news there, of course, is the reliability that both developers and
audiences can expect from the product.

Cheers,

John H. Lee
Interactive TV Group