Subject: Re: FLASH: Library and Symbols Question
From: John Croteau
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 23:12:40 GMT

Hi Larry,

>>> Can separate movies share libraries or do I just have
>>> to make a huge movie to be able to place all my symbols in one
>>> Library to keep overall movie byte size down.
>> No, but you probably don't need it in both.
>> You should be able to Tell Target the common symbol
>> (by putting it in a MC) from the other movie.
> If I understand you, I take the animation that is in Movie2 (that uses
> a symbol that is also in the library of Movie1) and place it as an MC in
> Movie1 and then call it to play from Movie 2 with the tell target action.
> This way I get the cake and eat it too. Is that correct?
That's it exactly.
Put the common graphic or an Instance of it in a Movie Clip that has its
first frame Parked (empty with a Stop). Then make it available in the
frames or frames of the Movie this may be the whole movie. It will be
visible only when you Tell target it to its start frame. Note you can't
Tell Target a frame that hasn't loaded yet so you need to be sure the
the movie is loaded to the point where you are Tell Targeting or repeat
the command until it is received.