Subject: WC3 Was: Re: FLASH: RE: FLASH's future
From: Sienna Design
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:11:36 GMT

Please forgive me for not understanding who WC3 is. Why do they exist?
What does it matter if they accept Flash or not? Are they to the web
design like the FDA is to food?

Not tring to sound like a rebel but I eat what I want when I want
regardless of the standards set. Don't we all design our web pages the way
we want or am I missing something here?

Are they a self-appointed committee that decided they would govern over how
an HTML page is set up, are they the government, or did they just get to
the "market" before anyone else did and decided they would be the group to
set the standars for everyone? And, what happens if you want to "do your
own thing", is someone going to say you used an element in your site that's
not a standard and has to be removed?

Thank you for you for any input on this subject.