Subject: RE: FLASH: My big fat ethical flash penis
From: John Foust
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:41:24 GMT

At 07:03 AM 2/1/00 GMT, benathephaestus [dot] com wrote:
> I'm 20, and had a bitch of a time finding work
>despite my skill & qualifications. i was told flat out that it was
because of
>my age. Finally, I've found a great position, but since they found out my
age,
>relating to my coworkers has been an uphill battle.

Hurry up, you've only got 15 years of career ahead of you, because
by the time you're 35, you won't be able to relate to your 20-year-old
boss, much less the 25 year-old CEO.

>the fact of the matter is, that in today's newmedia-driven society, children
>have the edge.

Well, you have all that experience that the rest of us don't have.
I can't imagine why the Boss won't put the 20-year-old in charge,
or the fresh-out-of-art-school kids, either.

>it's a different world, man- i've been online for eight years now... how
many
>others in our field can say the same?

"I was on the Internet even before it was called the Internet!"
I was on the first BBS with a 300 baud teletype, and on RTTY before
that, and they invented quite a few protocols on Morse, too.

>as for the comment itself, i have to agree. the internet is inherently an
>anarchic structure. to try to regulate it, prevent "intellectual property
>theft," or prevent others from "stealing" your ideas is a pretty big waste
of
>effort.

Yeah, all those ISPs and credit cards and AOL users, they're out
of control, running outside the rules. That's why everyone wants
to invest in them, too.

>like it or not, flash is a graphics/multimedia program first & foremost.
>you're an artist now. live like one.

Wow, if that isn't the tagline for a Mountain Dew commercial,
it should be.

- John

flasher is generously supported by...