Subject: FLASH: Email Button in projector file
From: Lee Springthorpe
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:42:29 GMT

Hi All,

I have a very major problem and wondered if anyone else had encountered this
before.

I have created a projector file that has an email button ( using a get url
with a mailto: command) that works fine on my machine using outlook express,
but when I sent the finished file to my client he said the email button
didn't work.

I tested this with a friend who has outlook and he seemed to think that when
he pressed the button this started outlook but didnt create a blank email
but if he then pressed the button again it would produce the blank email.

I dont really know what the connection is but it seems to be that if outlook
has not been started then the button won't work but if it has been started
and is in memory then it will work.

My client is very angry with me!!!!!!!!!!

Macromedia tech support said that maybe using email commands was never meant
to work in a projector....I left the problem with them but no body has
phoned me back....thanks guys...I am hanging on to my clkient by my finger
nails while I try to sort this out...

Thanks in advance

Lee Springthorpe

flasher is generously supported by...