Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: Hijacking Flash Content w/ Absolute Embed
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 01:35:58 -0000

The only problem with this is that the JavaScript would have to be
256 characters or less so that it can be called by a GetURL() in Flash.
If you're putting the URL check into a JavaScript on the HTML page,
then that security is easily subverted by putting the SWF in a new
HTML page... If you make the URL check from your SWF , then
that could definitely work... It would be useless in the JavaScript-
disabled browsers out there, but it should be enough to deter hi-jacking.

That's certainly a much simpler method than mine... I'd be interested
to see if the entire function could be passed through the GetURL().
It definitely seems possible...

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com