Subject: F5 array and AS question... HELP!
From: flasher �Pascal
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:07:00 -0000

Hi all..
I'm going crazy... hopefully someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong!
Following situation:
I have a main navigation with buttons that target 1. Submenues (if there
are) 2. sub-submenues (if there are) and contents. Since there are many,
many menues, submenues and subsubmenues I created 3 arrays in my first frame
of the main scene containing 1. all submenu MCs 2. all sub-submenue MCs and
3. all content MCs (all submenues of a main menue are in one MC and all I do
is jump to different frames on mouseEvents to show which one is active).
Now the Problem is: on mouseOver main menues it should show a preview of the
corresponding submenues! To avoid problems I telltarget the submenue MC and
goto the label "preview".. in the same code I use _currentframe to test if
another submenue might be active (meaning on a frame that tells me that it
is visible) so I use this on the array to make sure that all MCs are checked
and if they are "active" I set the visibility to zero so the only visible
thing is my "preview".. I have following code :

// shows a "preview" of the available submenu corresponding to button by
jumping to frame label "preview"
on (rollOver) {
tellTarget ("_root.submenu_quartett") {
gotoAndStop ("preview");
}
}
// checks if a submenu is active and if YES sets visibility to zero
(invisible) to make space for the preview of the mousedOver button
on (rollOver) {
for (i=0; i<_root.submenuArray.length; i++) {
varMC = _root.submenuArray[i];
if (_root[varMC]._currentFrame >= 100 && _root[varMC]._currentFrame
< 145) {
_root[varMC].setProperty (_visible,"0");
}
}
}
// sets previewed submen� back to deactivated to make the space for a
possible active submenu
// target changes for every button that has submenues (Button that have no
submenues don't need the rollOver/rollOut function
on (rollOut) {
tellTarget ("_root.submenu_quartett") {
gotoAndStop ("deactivated");
}
}
// resets the zero visibility too 100 (visible) to make available the active
submenu
on (rollOut) {
for (i=0; i<_root.submenuArray.length; i++) {
varMC = _root.submenuArray[i];
if (_root[varMC]._currentFrame >= 100 && _root[varMC]._currentFrame
< 145) {
_root[varMC].setProperty (_visible,"100");
}
}
}

BUT NOTHING HAPPENs!! and I don't know why... and slowly going crazy!!
Please anyone of you AS kings... any help is greatly appreciated.. you can
also mail me off list if I don't explain myself well enough...

Thank you and greetings
Pascal