Subject: RE: [flasher] Re: flash+IE5+mac
From: AndyA
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:18:15 -0000

Hey Guys,

I'm really just getting started with Flash but am absolutely hooked so far.
I have a problem though which I just can't solve and hope someone here can
help. It seems to be such a basic bug, but I can't find a technote on it at
the MM website. Anyhow, here goes:

I can't seem to associate a URL to a text block. I'm using the character
panel and putting in a URL (both relative and absolute and even complete
urls). In the "Test Movie" window it presents perfectly and works perfectly.
When previewed in my browser (IE5) or published and the resulting html file
opened, the text appears completely garbled and unclickable. For example,
"Test Text" appears as something like "TT eesss Texsst ss r T". The garbling
seems different each time. The text alone (without associated URL) presents
perfectly. I've tried it with all sorts of fonts and also _sans in case
there was a font issue. I've done it selecting the whole text object with
the pointer tool and also selecting the text using the text tool. I've made
a text object with two lines of text and associated the URL to a part of the
text and the same happens with the whole text block garbled, not just the
bit with the URL associated....

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or is this really a bug?
Environment is Windows2000 (for my sins), Flash5, IE5, Dual Processor, 256MB
RAM, 8MB Video RAM etc

Any help would be gladly received.

Andy