Subject: RE: [flasher] Re: flash+IE5+mac (Attn: MM)
From: Mats Persson
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:52:00 -0000

Jerome,

-------------
problem = multiple .swf's on the same page causes one .swf to jump around on
the screen
-------------

I did an interesting test where I converted a straight .html page to a .php
page (exactly the same code, but with a .php ending on it.) and the problem
occurred straight away. Tried the .html page and things was working fine.

I then quit IE 5 and started it again. This time the top movie (of 3)
shifted position on the .php page, instead of the normal bottom movie.

Occasionally, I think I have found the problem - because the problem is NOT
repeated on the newly coded page no matter how much I resize the window - ,
but then I refresh the page and the problem is back. This is also the case
with straight .html pages, who generally works fine, but occassionaly
exhibit the same problem.

My conclusion is therefore that it is NOT the code, or the .php/.html page
extension or anything else under our coding control that is causing the
problems to occur.

I would love to be proven wrongly, BUT I think we have found another Mac IE
problem (remember IE 4.5 ?) that we web developers will have to deal/live
with.

Could it be a Flash 5 plug-in problem ??? (don't think so, but will test)

Could it be a PHP rendering engine problem that somehow send the wrong
coding to the browser ??

JD (????) - Is there any chance that MM could investigate this problem
further, and IF possible perhaps work with the M$ guys at fixing this
problem in the 5.5 version - AND ANY OTHER flash related problems that I'm
100 % certain they will introduce without proper quality testing before
shipping ???

I'd just like to know where the problem comes from and why it's there in the
first place.

regards,

Mats