Subject: Urgent: F5 print files TOO BIG!
From: Rick Lee
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 06:02:51 -0000

This is an urgent problem. My client needs it fixed by Wednesday.

I've programmed Flash 5 to act as a layout app to print stylized
letters in arbitrary strings. It's Korean Leather Brush Art to be used
as souvenirs at SeaWorld in San Diego. (See www.brush-art.com)

The letter files were done in Illustrator and saved as .swf files.
They are strung together by using loadMovie() repeatedly. It all works
fine. But apparently Illustrator can only save them as bitmaps.

When 2-3 letters are scaled larger, the print files grow as large as
200 MB!! Even 12 smaller letters yield a print file of only 7MB.

These files need to be printed in less than 5 minutes so that the
tourists won't walk away.

Thanks very much.

Rick

* Richard H. Lee, PhD