Subject: RE: [flasher] Get URL with Flash in Parent Window
From: Paul Willoughby
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:12:06 -0000

You just need to translate the href example into a Flash getURL. Put the
function in the head of the child window. The instead of using the href for
an html page (i.e. <a href="javascript:loadinparent('http://www.moock.org/',
false);">my homepage</a>) put the action on a button, for example:

on(release){
getURL("javascript:loadinparent('http://www.moock.org/', false");
}

Make sure there is nothing set as the target window of the getURL. You might
need to double check the syntax but it should work OK.

hth

paul

http://www.moock.org/webdesign/javascript/popupwindows/loadurlinparent.html

hth