Subject: RE: [flasher] Small Site Check "undergod.net" please
From: AndyA
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:04:49 -0000

Pascal,

The "enter" button on the first page took a while to find, top right on the
stage might be better. Once I had found it the version recognition clearly
wasn't working too well, since it told me to upgrade to Flash5 which I have.
I did get a line saying that the recognition might not work though and let
me enter anywhay which I thought was very good.

The line animation in the navbar gave me a headache trying to look at it.
The onmouseover animation on the navbar buttons is very distracting (too
fast and busy). The Navbar buttons don't revert to black after the cursor
has moved away, so one isn't sure where one is... particularly since the
texts/pictures or whatever content should have appeared in the main window
didn't seem to want to display in mine. I did once get a "Retrieving
News..." text displayed, but it didn't seem to go anywhere. It may well be
that I didn't wait long enough... but as we speak it is still saying
retrieving (3 minutes later). Navigation wasn't made easier by the fact that
each of the navbar buttons clicked overwrote the "You are here" text area
top right, so that after I had clicked 2 or 3 buttons, it was just a jumble
of illegible text.

My environment is DualPentium, 256MB Ram, 16MB videoRam, Windows2000, IE5, 1
Mbit downline connection. Perhaps some of the issues lie in the environment?

Please don't take the criticism as personal. It's obviously a very
subjective thing. Nevertheless, it really wasn't to my taste.

Regards

Andy

P.S. still retrieving news.... =;o)