Subject: Re: [flasher] Preventing mouse clicks from activating buttons in submerged MCs
From: DRMRLPLS
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:56:55 -0000

You could cover the underlying objects with one large empty button that will
deactivate anything beneath it but this will give you the hand all the time
although you can script that out.

What I usually do is to create a frame in the lower level that I call "park"
which contain s all the elements that you want visible, but turn off the
items you don't want active by changing the behavior of the button to
'graphic'. You can set up a series of 'mode' frames in your lower level and
target the different modes as necessary from the upper levels. I hope this
is clear.

Andrew

In a message dated 2/22/01 10:56:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,