Subject: RE: [flasher] RE:Director vrs Flash
From: Pradeep K. Nair
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:20:34 -0000

# but I do understand about the importing movies and the xtras. I guess you
# have a tendency to overlook things that you are not using or have not used.

:) No worries - I know the feeling. When I first started to use Director I
felt the same way. I mean, I was used to working with Flash and I was used to
doing 'real' programming, in C/C++, Java, Modula-3, etc. Director seemed
neither here nor there.

After I started getting used to what it COULD do, and learning how to make it
work for me, I started seeing why I'd use it in some situations and not others.
Don't get me wrong - I'd still prefer to use Flash, Java, or a combination of
HTML and a choice of ASP,PHP or JSP for most Web stuff, but I'd pick Director
over most of them for most CD stuff. Just a personal choice. But yeah, I know
exactly where you're coming from. Had you talked to me when I was using
Director 6.5 I probably would have reacted much as you did. Hehehe.

# just didn't expect it to be a docking station for other programs. plus im
# coming near the end of my project before deadline....so im less irritated.
# :P

Always good news. Incidentally, if you're looking for help with Director, you
might want to check out Direct-L - they're pretty darn quick at getting back to
you with help over there. Find the links from www.director-online.com (I think
they're in either the Resources or Help sections).

HTH
-Deep (just a guy)