Subject: FLASH: Flash - barrier to entry?
From: I am the Walrus
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 05:35:00 GMT

Hi everyone,

I just joined the list today and I have what I hope is a simple question.

I'm reasonably new to Flash and have had the opportunity to bid on a couple
of jobs. The most recent of which I was turned down because they said that
Flash had too much of a "barrier to entry".

Basically I was supposed to create an animated menu system for a site. The
barrier, according to the client, was the plug-in issue.

Can anyone point me to any good articles that could bolster my position when
this issue comes up again? I did some research and found some numbers on
the amount of 3.0 and 4.0+ browsers out there, but I think it would be good
if I had more information about ease of installation, file size advantages,
Flash as an open standard, etc. etc.

Thanks!

Paul