Subject: RE: FLASH: FLASH : getting a bit confused !
From: Adam Bruce
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:15:22 GMT

>The machine I use is fairly powerfull ( amd k6-2 350 64SDram ) but I
must
>make things that can be seen by users with weaker processors. I'll do
my
>very best .
>
>Ben

Luckily Most of the projects I work for are designing for a specific
system. I think the E2/C2 calls for a P200 with 32 megs of ram. It
gives us alot of flexibility with the Flash, but since it's delivered
through Authorware we can either use Flash 2 with the Asset extra or
Acitve X (Which brings up all sorts of MAcromedia Legal probelms with
their player)

At any rate, John was right in that for 99% of what you do , try to do
it inside of symbols as it makes updates, changes, and editing that much
easier. But if you get into a very complicated animation with many many
levels of nesting I would recomend taking some of the animation to the
time line to keep proceeor bog to a minimum. Also, if bandwidth is not
a concern, convert your tweens to keyframes. This will speed things up
a little as well...

-Adam