Subject: Re: FLASH: Sound effects, music
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 00:52:59 GMT

Hi Daniel.

I have no problem with anyone on this list offering their professional
services at a professional rate, as long as the list space doesn't become
an electronic billboard; in other words, if you have a product you think
Flash designers would be especially interested in, and you're a contributor
to the list, I think you can _briefly_ mention that in a post here. What
would annoy me would be to have to read a commercial plug posted by someone
who has no interest in contributing to this list and is here only for their
own gain, not to help others in a free forum.

I Haven't seen any other responses to your post, and would like to know
what others here think about this? Is it a breach of netiquette to offer
services (in a low-key way) on a users list?

Marc H.

At 06:29 PM 1/6/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I have heard several comments about those looking for samples and such.
>I am wondering if one were blessed to have an audio facility at their
>disposal as well as handful of quite talented and seasoned artists, would it
>be worth it to the flasher community for one of us to begin a full scale wav
>making machine geared especially to Flashers. Obviously it would be time
>consuming and quality a must if it were to be sold. I guess I am wondering
>if the flash community (you) would think it cheeky to not give samples away
>instead of selling such CD's. And two, if it were ok to sell them, what
>would be a moderate price for a full CD, how would one want them supplied
>i.e. as in their digital format and cataloguing preferences? Any thoughts?
>Would it be profitable do you think and would it be ok my flasher friends?
>
>~ldv

Marc Hoffman