Subject: Re: FLASH: Is there a DEFINITIVE Flash3 auto-detection?
From: Daniel Votino
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 05:27:33 GMT

John,
Not sure if the "overcomplicated detection" was for me or the other
Daniel I was answering. lol Probably me since the attached file was indeed
a complicated one. I suppose if all you want to detect is for the plugin
there are easier scripts but Ive found this file helps for whatever project
one might be working on, Flash or no Flash. I know it helps me separate and
decide what to do with webtv users and netscape 2 users, and all the others
all in one script. That way if a problem becomes detected AFTER a site is
up, I can quckly redirect that problem browser somewhere where theyre
guarteed to see something while I work on the project further. For example,
the frames issues, the table issues between netscape and IE and the stuff
like that that I continue to run into while developing different layouts and
such. Is it an overstatement to say DAM, all the different browsers make
for a lot of extra work! (One reason why Flash is so nice, at least with a
plugin it runs independant of all that.)

Nuff jabber about nothin . . . sorry folks.

~Daniel