Subject: RE: FLASH: A word about tutorials
From: Timothy Palmer-Benson
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 05:26:35 GMT

Hi everybody:
I have no wish to start a flame war and am quite willing to bow out. It
seems I have happened on a list that it higher than my level. I would
however like to make these comments:

1. Flash is advertised as being suitable for computer users with
intermediate level experience. It is the forerunner of products that WILL
necessarily be easier to learn!

2. I work with people who are 20 years younger than I, and they too are
having difficulty understanding things!

3. Just like Javascript tutorials, Flash tutorials need to be perfected if
they are to be understood by a larger audience. That means running them by
people like me who will stumble all over the potato patch.

I do not think it useful for me to say anymore. Obviously, I have inflamed
some people, and I am sorry if I have trampled on feelings. So, I will
become a lurker until I understand more.

Tim