Subject: RE: FLASH: detecting hits within Flash
From: Len Harrison
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 20:31:31 GMT

If you're willing to live with the browser restrictions attendant to
javascript, you could put an fscommand on frames you wanted to track. Make
this call a script which populates an array of all the frames you're
interested in as booleans. Then have another script which writes to a hidden
form and posts this back to your server-side counter script (you'd need to
write that too or modify an existing one to handle this input, though you
might be able to do most of the work client side depending on what your
counter is capable of handling) on the unload event of the page. That should
work, I think, though I've never done it.

If this doesn't make sense to you or someone else on your team, don't even
try it! This stuff is for trained professionals only, do not attempt it at
home :-]! Of course, I do do side-jobs...

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com