Subject: Re: FLASH: Need Mac projector
From: K
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:31:39 GMT

>one last question...
>
>could I compose my portfolio in HTML format, just as I would on the web?
>Would a Mac have any trouble reading an html file off a PC-burned CD?

Nope. No trouble. As long as they have their pc-exchange/file exchange
control panel turned on it should open automatically in their web browser
of choice when double-clicked. As macs are in the minority there is quite
a bit of cross-platform compatibility built into the system software. So a
user who has not specifically disabled this feature will be able to read,
write and format pc disks and open pc files. There is even an extension
mapping feature which will read the extension of the pc file and open it in
the appropriate mac application. It is only when it comes to moving
applications (programs) to a mac from a pc that you get stuck (I guess they
didn't forsee people storing mac applications on a pc, which is kind of
understandable).

So... if you made an html file that called your flash movie that would work
fine on a mac as well. You could still use your flash portfolio, you just
couldn't use a projector.

Karen.