Subject: Re: FLASH: import graphic / file size
From: joost van Schaik
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:51:56 GMT

> At 10:49 AM 1/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
> > I used the below settings as
> >recommended in the Macromedia Help to get a result that looks most like the
> >original bitmap.
> >
> >color Threshold : 100
> >Minimum Area : 1 pixel
> >Curve Fits : pixel
> >Corner Threhold : many corners
> >
> >After doing that, I deleted the imported graphic symbols in the library. I
> >realised that the image does appeared clearer now...but it doesn't reduce
> >the file size much.

Try this in photoshop, transform your bitmap in a greyscale image and blur it a just a
little. Then you transform it again to bitmap. When you trace this bitmap, you need less
vectors. i Always to this with arabic teksts wich i use for one client, for me there
is no other way to do this, unfortunately .And like marc Hoffman is saying streamline
does a better job in tracing. But try this thechinique first in Flash. Maby it is
satisfactory for you.

Josst van Schaik
Studio van Schaik
meerkamp 1a