Subject: Re: FLASH: Ie 4.5 for Mac
From: John Dowdell
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:02:17 GMT

At 4:31 PM 1/15/99, Charlene Reese wrote:
>I just installed MIE 4.5 for Mac and two flash sites (my only flash sites)
>that worked just fine in the previous version now display only a blank
>page. Not even the alternate <NOSCRIPT> or <NOEMBED> options. And now I
>am getting a javascript error on one of them that I never got before.

A good test is whether that browser can view a variety of other sites. If
so, then you can test the JS/HTML for the particular page that's balking.
If not, then checking into the browser's plugin would be fruitful.

(Running with the new IE4.5/Mac is on my plate, but I haven't yet got it on
my own machines, regrets.)

Sidenote: The NOSCRIPT and NOEMBED tags should only be rendered if the
browser is incapable of using scripts or embeds... modern browsers are able
to use scripts and embeds, and so modern browsers will ignore content
within NOSCRIPT and NOEMBED tags.
(Rephrased, those tags are not invoked just because a particular plugin
is not installed.)

jd

Public discussions have first claim on support time; but private email
is available via Priority Access: http://www.macromedia.com/support/