Subject: FLASH: Wishlist thought..
From: Unger, Russell
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:28:37 GMT

This somewhat just occurred to me, and I apologize if this has been included
already.

What if, in Flash 4 there could be something that will enable us to have
truly smart "Smart" buttons.

ie: Click on a button and it has a command within it's frame that says
something to the effect of:

"On MouseUp
Play
Proceed to next command in this line of the score"

What that would do is, if I click on a button, proceed along the score
(perhaps fading everything away on the stage) and then go to a separate
section, complete a separate command, etc. as defined by the command in that
very same line.

In a nutshell, I could click on a "Movies" section, the entire screen would
fade away, then, the command would tell Flash to go to the "Movies" section
and play.

Anyway, that just seems a bit easier than the way we've got to do it now.

If we wanted to get complex, we could have a command that would perhaps
control the individual line:

"on MouseUp
Set ChannelAlpha=100%
Play
Proceed to next command in this line of the score"

Okay, sorry for the ramble. Hope that all makes sense and could actually be
"do-able".

Thanks,

Russell E. Unger

Modern Business Technology