Subject: Re: FLASH: Tell target question !
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:54:57 GMT

At 02:22 PM 1/20/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Flashers,
>
>In my movie clip there is a button with a tell target that causes
>another button to appear (button inside a movie clip).
>that works all fine. Then the first button (tell target button) and the
>second button are both on screen and active. This has to be so, but when
>i click on the first button again the second disappears and i have to
>click on it again to make the second appear again.

What is the syntax of the action of the first button? My guess is, it's
something like TellTarget (target=movie clip holding second button)
GoToNextFrame. Instead, use a frame label in the movie clip as your
target. Or, put an action in the movie clip, one frame after the button
appears,
to loop back to the button -holding frame.

Remember also: movie clips are re-set every time they are removed from
the timeline. In order to keep their place, they must remain present in
the timeline, although they can be invisible. Just don't insert a blank
keyframe in the movie clip's layer -- that will reset it.

Marc Hoffman