Subject: Re: FLASH: new window
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:19:18 GMT

Thanks for the help Colin. I read through your stuff, it was very helpful,
and mode #2 was clearly the best method for what I want....

HOWEVER....
What the heck? I can't get it to work properly for one simple reason (I
think). The Jscript really aint much trouble(just cut and paste), but I
don't know how to implement the FLASH side of things. This is what you
wrote...

In the Network URL field on our button action, we enter
"javascript:launchwin()"

Where exactly do I put this and do I keep it in quotes?

Here is where I tried but failed...
I Selected a button and then I clicked...
Modify
Instance
Actions
+key in upper left of the new window
Get URL

Then I pasted javascript:launchwin()
in the Parameters: Get URL section

This gave me a Javascript error (object not found or something like that) so
I tried it with quotes

This gave me a different more HTMLish error. It couldn't find the requested
URL, i.e. "javascript:launchwin()"

What the heck am I doing wrong? I bet I'm really close... but it's always
the details that enevitably crush my hopes and dreams. <g>

Sincerely,

Al Rosetti
http://www.websitepartners.com

p.s.
This is being tested in Internet Exploder 4.7, which is what comes in Win 98