Subject: Re: FLASH: fyi: Effects of Printing Directly from Flash
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:44:35 GMT

Hi John,

I hope you can comment a bit on some of the Flash printing problems
reported recently on this list. For instance, I found that printing a
single page off the Macromedia samples page took a very long time -- on the
order of 5-10 minutes on a printer that usually would print a page in under
a minute. I am sure for a client who was motivated and knew to expect a
long delay, that wouldn't be a problem. But I can hardly imagine including
a warning on my site "Click here to print, but be prepared to wait ten
minutes for output." In fact, my HP4p (under Win98) required changing
settings under control panel before it would not crash.

This is not to rag on you or Macromedia, but I'm wondering if you're aware
of these sorts of problems and what your thoughts are regarding making the
new print feature simple, fast, and reliable.

thanks,
Marc

At 11:26 AM 1/11/00 , you wrote:

>There's a very perceptive article on last week's news at MacWEEK right
>now... you can now offer your clients dramatic benefits that they could not
>get before:
>
>"Paris Calling: Macromedia's stealth bombshell"
>http://macweek.zdnet.com/2000/01/09/paristues.html
>
>Very perceptive... discusses the "What you DON'T see is what you get"
>advantage... only takes a few minutes to read, but might offer a very good
>return on the time.
>
>jd

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media: Specializing in Flash Animation and Digital Audio
Production
Our latest Flash job is on display at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/rickfrnd>
See our Flash portfolio at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)

flasher is generously supported by...