Subject: Re: [flasher] Jumping from scene to scene
From: Muzak
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:38:21 -0000

You cannot jump from one point in a MC to a keyframe in another MC if the target MC is not currently in the timeline. Well, not
without making a little detour that is :-)

Have your button set a value for a variable on the main timeline and go to the keyframe in scene 1 where the main MC is in. In that
keyframe, use an action with the value of the variable (set by the button in the scene2 MC) to tell the main mc to go to the
keyframe you want.

button action in scene2, MC 'menu'

on (releases)
tell target ("_level0")
set variable ("/:varLabel", "myLabel")
gotoAndPlay ("main")
end telltarget
end on

where "main" is a keyframe lable that has the 'main' mc in it.

In the keyframe labeled "main"

tell target ("/menu")
gotoAndPlay (/:varLabel)
end tell target

You might have to put that action in an if() statement, in case you do not always want the menu MC do something. In that case make
sure the variable 'varLabel' is empty.

if (/:varLabel ne "")
tell target ("/menu")
gotoAndPlay (/:varLabel)