Subject: Re: [flasher] Text box's -- Flash can't manipulate more than 1000 characters
From: Muzak
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:11:19 -0000

It must be something else that's eating your CPU power, like a continues animation or a loop action [on (enterFrame)] running in the
background.
I just tested with 3 dynamic textfields with over 3000 chars each and my CPU usage was 3% (yup - three)! PIII 500 - 768 Mb ram.
When I viewed your site, CPU went up to 99%.

http://www.muzakdeezign.com/flashMM/myText.html

hth
Muzak