Subject: RE: OT--Need Javascript help
From: Dandeneau David
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 21:30:58 +0100

>Hi all,
>I need some help for a special case. I need to use the HTML environment
>without a web server. So it excludes cgi scripts :-(
>This is the deal :
>In a browser, you open a frameset (menu + content). From the menu, you
>open a page (in the content) with informations listed (say A,B,C). You
>have checkboxes for each one to tell the browser that you're interested
>by this or this one (say B and C). You click on a submit button, and
the

>browser opens a page with only what you checked (B,C), now you can
print

>this page, or cut and paste it in your text editor.
>Do you think it's possible ?
>Can anyone drive me in the good direction ?

Could you maybe use a query string to do that. I don't know exactly how
they work, but maybe you could change differnet variables in the query
string to save the variables, and then have the end page look at the
variables from the query string to find out what to display.
ex.'http://[sitename]/check.htm?button1=on&Button2=off&button3=on
etc...'
I am not quiet sure if this would work without a server, but I don't see
why you couldn't just add a string to the url with some script. url +
"?button1=on" and keep on adding the variable declarations.
I hope I am not just rambling about something that isn't possible....
Thanks,
David Dandeneau
USFilter