Subject: Re: Firewall and Flash!
From: WEBMASTER
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 21:48:06 +0100

They restricted against streaming video and audio.... (bandwidth
concerns)... does Flash go the same way... so yeah, none of the other
plug-ins are working...

Sgt Jason A. Collier
www.sdo.usmc.mil
Depot Webmaster, ComRel/Media Chief, MCRD San Diego
619-524-8713
webmasteratsandiego [dot] usmc [dot] mil

"Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
-------------
Original Text
From: "Joe Crawford" <artlungatearthlink [dot] net>, on 7/15/98 11:35 AM:
WEBMASTER wrote:

> We just changed our settings on our firewall and can no longer see the
> flash animations. Does anyone know what the settings are in regards to
the
> flash animations making it through the firewall .... ports, etc???

Interesting.

It's all about how the firewall is configured. Perhaps it objects to the
ActiveX part of Flash - if so, try running it in Navigator.

Can you see other plugin-based content - realaudio?

What kind of firewall is it?

-joe

Joe Crawford > ArtLung = Artist + Respiratory Therapist <