Subject: Re: Funky Flash problem: Ghost sound.
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:18:45 +0100

David Gary wrote:

> > Hiya FLashers,
> >
> > In flash3, I have an unwanted sound coming from a scene. Its a sound that I have
> > applied in
> > a different scene,

Well after trying to be Einstein and breaking down the problem to the bare essentials, I
finally
found the culprit.

The "ghost" sound was in scene 1 and triggered when I "rolled out" of a mouseover in scene
2.
The sound was coming from insde a movie clip that was inside another movie inside scene
one.
The embeded MC was on the first frame of the main movie clip. I simply moved the "child"
movie to the second keyframe and the ghost sound stopped.

This is definelty a "bug" in Flash3 as nowhere in the
mouse roll out command in scene two did I tell this movie clip to
play in scene one. The buttons in scene two have absolutely no affiliation
with the movie clip in scene one.

There is also a blank keyframe behind the "guilty" MC to clear it from the scene.

hmmmm,

"...and its doing the backstroke!!"

-DG-