Subject: reusable elements in navigation
From: MT
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 21:47:14 +0100

Hi-

I am building a timeline, with still images separated by transitions.

I would like to be able to have the transitions (1 right to left, and 1
left to right, with 3 different colors) exist in 1 place only, and call a
transition, and then call the appropriate still.

One way is using level 0 for the nav and stills, and level 1 for the
transistion. However, I can't seem to get the level one to open, play,
close, and then have level 1 go to the right still. If they are all in 1
level, then I have to put a transition next to every still, and have 2
instances of each, depending on whether it is rtl or ltr. Having the
transitions as symbols probably assures there wouldn't be any file size
gain this way, but it's just so kludgey (not to mention time-consuming) I
can't stand to do it this way.

Suggestions...?

Thanks a bundle.

MT