Subject: RE: DXF Import
From: Jean Dukate
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:36:22 +0100

Hi Dimmy,

Flash is mainly a vector based program. It also supports the importing
of raster images. It doesn't at least to my knowledge read 3D math,
polygon meshes and the such. That is what 3D programs are for. All this
talk about DXF and 3D import may be causing confusion. If you are
wanting a realistic 3D image, than you need to render the image in your
3D program and save it out as one of the following raster type images.
Bitmap or Jpeg. Now if you want just the splines and curves that make up
the model. Kind of like a blueprint type drawing. Then export the image
from Rhino as an Adobe Illustrator file and import it into Flash. Those
are your only two options for getting an image made in Rhino (or
probably any other 3D program) into Flash.