Subject: Re: Referencing a movie
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:38:08 +0100

Hi Jochen ,

> Now I'am successful in loading a movie onto another one (Flash 3 for
> Website use). But the loaded movie loops and I don't know how to reference
> it to unload it. When using Tell Target, _anyone_ keeps explaining you have
> to use _named_ instances, but how do I name a loaded movie?

To send an action command to a Movie or Movie Clip you use Tell target.
Movie Clips are referenced by their Instance Name (Put this in the
Target: box)
Movies loaded by Load Movie are referenced by the level they are on.
Use _levelx (underline level and replace x with the number of the
level).
The initial movie is always on level zero so use _level0 to Target it.
If you load a movie into a level where a movie already exists, the new
movie will replace the old.