Subject: RE: << 3D Compatibility >>
From: Jean Dukate
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:09:22 +0100

I have a feeeling this is alot easier said then done. Not only would
Flash have to have something in the programming to read the 3D math of
the model. But it would have to have a totally seperate 3D rendering
engine inside Flash in order to get a quality looking 3D image. The same
would apply for converting to vector there needs to be some programming
that understands lighting ect before it can convert to vector.

And as far as I know all 3D rendering engines take a 3D model and its
respective math and renders the model into some form of raster image so
our eye can preceive the image as a 3d object.

Raster images can already be coverted to vector via programs like Adobe
Streamline. But I don't know any direct programs that renders 3D models
directly to vector format. If we see any development in this area it
would be a converter program or plugin that enables a more sophisticated
conversion of raster to vector. Something that maintains more detail of
the images. That would be the more reasonable approach if you understand
what is invloved in Rendering a model so our eye can preceive it as a 3D
object. And most likely this would be a stand alone app before we ever
saw it as a feature inside Flash.

Our best bet is to look for improvements in stand alone apps such as
Adobe Streamline. Something along the way that enables near perfect