Subject: Re: WebTV wants to know: Flash 3
From: stumpy
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 04:03:14 +0100

At 05:21 PM 7/24/98 , you wrote:
>Hello from WebTV Networks.
>
>For those designing entertainment-oriented, consumer or television related
>web sites, I'd appreciate answers to the following questions. (Specific
>answers help more than generalized answers.)

> How important is Macromedia Flash to your web site today?

Extremely Important. Right now it's the closest you can get to TV on the
Internet.

> How much will that change over the next 12 months?

When it becomes an open standard in Net5 I think it will go through the roof.

> Currently, do your sites use Flash for the following...
> - navigation (such as buttons)

Yes to all

Flash is perfect for corporate clients because you can tell their message
in an animated linear fashion similar to TV spot.

> Within 12 months will your sites use Flash for the following...

yet to all

> By when will you replace Flash 2 with Flash 3 format/features?

Already done.

> Which sites or projects can you tell us about that are Flash-dependent?

We are making stand-alone flash commercials and Internet movies and splash
screens for our corporate clients. As well as educational tutorials and quiz.
http://www.tec-llc.com/new (beta)
http://www.kvsd.org/quiz
http://www.edisonworks.com
http://www.edisonworks.com/bp (Only if you have a big pipe!)

With a name like webTV if your not planning on integrating Flash you need
to have your head examined.

>Thanks to those who can provide some answers. You will help us make an
>important decision.
>
>Cheers,
>
>John H. Lee
>Interactive TV Guy @ WebTV Networks, Inc.