Subject: Re: synchronize voiceover with graphics
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 23:22:51 +0100

At 10:30 AM 7/20/98, Changhsu P. Liu wrote:
>We have a short Director work that the client wants to re-use it on web. It
>is basically a voiceover introduction of a place...
>Both QuickTime and Shockwave Director can do very good sync but the file
>sizes are too big (2-3MB). Since we have all the maps in Illustrator
>format, I think I can make Flash version as small as 160K.

If you've decided that the existing Director artwork can be made smaller by
redoing those pixel-based maps to vector art, then you can use those new
Flash assets within Director itself. This gives you the hi-fi audio
streaming and interactive control.

(The Flash Asset Xtra has been bundled with the default Director/Shockwave
download for the last half year. There's also a technote page for the
standalone Xtra's installation, if your audience last updated their browser
in late '97.)

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/